kanya sumangala yojana official website is a portal developed by Uttar Pradesh government. It is used for registration purposes of Kanya Somangala Yojana.
We have brought this complete post related to Kanya Somangala Yojana. It will inform you about the website, registration process, criteria of eligibility, benefits and more.
What is Kanya Somangala Yojana?
Kanya Somangala Yojana is an initiative by the Yogi Government. It aims at strengthening the girls from financially weaker classes and to brighten their future. This Yojana takes care of the education and health of these girls.
In this scheme, the UP government provides financial aid to girls from their birth upto graduation. Overall, this scheme alots ₹15000 in various stages to them. The UP government has passed a total budget of ₹1200 crore for this scheme.
This scheme makes sure that financially backward classes don’t consider their daughters as a burden.
What are the benefits of Kanya Somangala Yojana?
The UP government helps the girls of weaker classes financially, so that they can complete their education.
The benefits of Kanya Somangala Yojana is as follows:-
- As soon as a girl child is born in a financial backward class ₹2000 are credited.
- After completion of 1 year vaccines another ₹1000 are given.
- When the girl child enters first standard, sixth standard and ninth standard, ₹2000, ₹2000 and ₹3000 are given respectively.
- And after getting admitted in any diploma course of at least 2 years ₹5000 are provided. (Getting passed in 10th and 12th standards is a must.)
What are the eligibility criteria for Kanya Somangala Yojana?
- The applicant must be a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- The annual income of the family must not exceed ₹3 lakh.This ensures that only the financially backward classes are being benefited.
- Only two girls from one family can be benefitted from this scheme. If a woman gives birth to girl twins on her second delivery, only then the third girl is qualified for the scheme.
- Only girls born after 1/04/2019 are eligible for this scheme.
How to apply for Kanya Somangala Yojana?
The Kanya Somangala application process is simple and easy. Applications can be filed from online websites too.
- Go on kanya sumangala yojana official website. (mksy.up.gov.in)
- Enter all the necessary information and upload documents as per the instructions on the website.
What are the documents necessary for Kanya Somangala Yojana?
The applicant of Kanya Somangala Yojana has to upload a few documents. These documents are used as identity proof and to verify your qualification criteria.
- Photocopy of your bank account passbook.
- Address proof:- Ration card, Aadhar card, Voter ID card, driving license, gas connection book, jeevan insurance policy, passport, telephone bill, electricity bill, bank passbook. (Any one of the above.)
- Annual income certificate
- Latest photo of the girl child and a combined photo of the girl child and the applicant.
- Photo proof:- Any one from aadhar card, pan card, passport, voter ID card, driving license, pensioner id card, bank passbook.
- Girl childs’ Kanya Somangala registration number or receipt.
Why has the government started Kanya Somangala Yojana?
In India societal beliefs have an immense influence. The biased approach towards the education and health of girls is quite common. Due to the various impractices that are prevalent in the society eg, women foeticide, child marriage etc. women have to compromise a lot about their education and health.
This negative mentality of the uneducated masses is highly dangerous for our society. To eradicate such treatment and empower the women various movements and trails are performed by various organizations. The UP government which is concerned about these problems faced by the girls of our country has brought this Yojana.
This scheme has been started from 1/04/2019. You can check more information about this scheme from the official website.